Welcome back! Today is Thursday, week 5.
Last time we spoke, I was moving into my volunteering/project work for HU Talks. On Monday, I had a meeting with a teacher and a friend on our plan of attack. Yesterday, this friend and I worked on getting a storyboard ready for this project.
Today, I realized that this project will take longer than I had scheduled myself for. In my original planning, I had set 3 weeks for self-study, 3 weeks for project work, and then 10 weeks of implementation. However, I now realize this schedule is incredibly disfunctional, even if I had felt great from day one.
Self-study alone already takes much more time than 3 weeks worth of hours. For every 4 hours of self-study, I might be able to implement 1 hour of “implementation”. Simultaneously, the project is not a full time commitment that can be finished in 3 weeks. Only the preparation of it has now taken 1 full week, and HU Talks (which content I need for my project) is next week. That is basically one week of waiting for content. Not very efficient.
Therefore, after a bit of brainstorming, I realize that it is time to throw my planning out of the window. Let’s be honest, it was out during the first weeks already.
I do wish to keep a proper schedule, but it needs to be more diverse. I want to pivit towards a more all-in-one approach and do self-study, project work, ánd implementation every week for these upcoming weeks. I find it a bit scary to change everything this much this “late” into the project, but I guess that is life. Those who can adapt are most likely to thrive/survive.
For the upcoming days, I will be focusing on a new strategy. New goals will follow in future blogs!